Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcome to my first post how I spend under $200 a month on designer brands!

Shopping in LA...

First, a little bit about me... I LOVE designer brands they are amazing quality, wear WAY better over time, and face it you look much HOTTER in a pair of Joes Jeans then in a pair of Mossimo jeans for that big night out on the town! The reason I am starting this blog is to share my secret.....shhhhhhhh ...... the Joe's Jeans I bought were MUCH cheaper than the pair I saw at Target! So, I do LOVE target, but why would I buy jeans for $40 there when I can buy a pair of Joes Jeans for $30? The answer, for most of you with a strong sense of the pulse of fashion, is you KNOW you would buy the Joe's Jeans!

So.... I am going to FINALLY purge all my favorite tips for shopping in LA. If you are reading this and you are NOT in LA...no worries, you can also find some AMAZING deals online and also in chain stores (that I will mention FREQUENTLY) like Marshalls, TJ MAXX (my favorite), and even ROSS.

I am budgeted $200 a month for all my personal needs. No, not a kids, a wife who LOVES shopping but lives in a home with a big ol' mortgage and lots of kids and bills! Most months I spend about $100 on clothing and my closet is full of great trendy pieces, classic designer favorites, and fun finds!

My favorite brands are Joe's Jeans, Danang, C&C, La Rok (although own only a few pieces), all premium denims (Paper Denim and Cloth, Ed Hardy -I like the jeans not the shirts-, J Brand, TAG +, and the usuals True Religion and 7 for All Mankind and much more). For children I love Flowers by Zoe, (or is it for Zoe-I always forget) 2B Free, Splendid, Roxy, Quiksilver (all the surfer clothing), Umi shoes (and the other Euro shoes too Naturino etc.), a local favorite Whimsy Ranch, premium denim for kids, and more.....

YEP....I buy all this for under $200 a month! I have a rule, I never (EVER) spend over $40 for one piece of clothing. I have broken my rule only a few times and only by about $20 max.. Mostly, on average, I spend $30 or less on an item (and it is 80% of the time a designer brand).

Ok.... so now you get an idea of who I am and my passion/obsession....

I will post my finds as I purchase and hopefully you can share with me any great finds or tips too!!

Happy shopping!!

No comments:

Quick Linker

A fun night......

A fun night......
the deal alert: Necklace..go to downtown LA, buy chain, have friend who makes necklace put a thingy on it....DONE...cost (smaller chain only) $15-20