Sunday, August 10, 2008

HOW TO FIND THE DEALS and how I feel about that!

If life were truly fair, then freakin Lindsy Lohans and Angelinas of our world  (who by- the -way make as much as I do as a veteran teacher in one day) would be paying full price for their Jimmy Choos and the teachers and do gooders of the world would be getting La Rok dresses mailed to them daily.....  But, as we all know life is not fair, so for those of us with incredible taste and a strong sense of personal style we are faced with some important decisions as we become "real" adults.  Do we save for the mortgage, a great vacation, or the kids' college fund ? But, wait what about my need for the new fall fashions.  My unfulfilled ego that must have the latest premium denim, even though you 30 something self is only going to "rock the jeans" on the playground or at Ralphs.  

Oprah did a show on this affliction lately, the 30 something, spray tanned, Starbucks drinking, True Religion wearing, mom of two was shopping non-stop and opening credit cards to pay credit cards. Her husband was, of course, the last to know (duh?) and the show ended with a financial planner suggesting they sell the LA home (which by the way was about to go into foreclosure) and move to Seattle.  

So, here is my point. You do not have to lose the house to look hot if you live in LA! In fact, I think you can be the dressed best bitch on the block, or the hottest guy in the bar with just a few small changes to the WAY you shop.

There are ENDLESS opportunities to buy amazing clothing in LA.  I have so much to share that I am not really sure where to start.  I know, I know, some of you do not want to deal.  But, there are those of you out there....the few, gifted and talented shoppers that just need a little information to make it work.  Those of you that are big fans of the brands we all love at Shop Bop, Nordstrom, or Barneys.  We are actually doing the clothing lines a service, much like the celebs.  We style their clothing and it looks hot, and so when someone asks you about your dress you simply say, "thank you, yes it's BCBG".   See, we support our designers and save our marriages at the same time!

Tip Number One

I am going to start with some breaking news.....  The new fad of on online, invite only, high-end designer sample sales is the frickin Holy Grail of online budget shopping. I have found my ways into Rue La La which is Loehman's  brand new, and I think amazing, online, invite only sample sale.  They have a Juicy sample sale starting tomorrow!  The last sale they had for DIOR and GUCCI they were selling $300 glasses (brand new styles) for $150. HAUTELOOK is my other new favorite secret! This online sample sale was pretty amazing. This week they featured TEA clothing for kids and a handful of other designers for women.  I am also a member of the Editor's closet and thats pretty cool but not as well-known designers.  If you get a random email from a friend inviting you to join, just sign up, its free, and you will have it when you need it! 

Tip Number Two

If you love shoes then you need to love Amazon.com. Seriously, just check it often and always for your favorite brands.  I think it is much like the stock market.  One day I see a pair of FRYE boots for $350 the next day they are $100, then the next day they are back up again.  Amazon.com sells for many different vendors but what I noticed is that Amazon.com proper has the best sales and they seem to post almost illegal deals at times.  There is a simple and foolproof plan for you r Amazon.com shopping strategy.  Log on and go to shoes, pick your gender, scroll all the way down (on the left), right now they are having an extra 20% off sale so its in the middle of the page,  click on your shoe size, and then sort low to high or high to low.  You can scroll though by brands, percentage off, color or style.  I have seen so many deals that I could not share!  Just checked it for you and I found Betsey Johnson Slides for $49 marked down form over $200, her were several beautiful shoes by Antik Denim and 2 For All Mankind, and many many more.  Honestly, I have NEVER checked the site without seeing something I should tell someone about!

OK...that's enough obsessing for one day!  Stay tuned...and if you get bored check out the clearance rack at TJ MAXX its going off!




Subscribe to my post to learn more!

No comments:

Quick Linker

A fun night......

A fun night......
the deal alert: Necklace..go to downtown LA, buy chain, have friend who makes necklace put a thingy on it....DONE...cost (smaller chain only) $15-20